Are you searching for steps to use the second router or extender in bridge mode with the existing network? If yes, then we would like to share the steps with you in this regard.
When you perform the Netgear wifi extender N300 setup, the speed of the network no doubt improves. It becomes easier for the members of the family to access the internet from any corner of the house. However, there is one condition that the router must be placed near to the extender. If you want to get rid of this condition, then use the extender in bridge mode.
Steps for using the N300 or Ex2700 range extender in bridge mode are discussed here as under:
- The channel must be the same on both the devices without which you can’t set up bridge mode.
- The bridge mode should be supported by the router. If you don’t know about the product specifications, then visit the website and check the details by entering the model number. Press ‘Enter’ followed by support.
Steps for the setup and the How to connect with Netgear genie smart setup are given here as under:
- Connect the router to the extender through the given ports.
- Enter the IP address in the address bar for your router.
- Click ‘Enter’.
- Enter the username and password.
- Go to ‘Wireless settings’ and click ‘Bridge network’.
- Tap ‘Enable AP’ so that it connects to the router.
- Enter MAC settings of the router in the desired field.
- Place the extender close to the router for time being or till the setup gets completed.
- Start using the router as a bridge now.
- The network speed and strength will get enhanced in every corner of the house and you can use the internet seamlessly.
After implementing the steps, if you are still facing problems in streaming videos or music from any wireless device due to network problems, then get in touch with the experts available on the customer support link. You can call on toll free number and get the required help.